March 14, 2006

Sting of loss

From my wife, Laura:
I received word that my best friend, Kay Roberts, passed from this life to the next at 1:30 this morning. The breast cancer she had battled for two years had invaded other parts of her body, and her last days were spent at home, surrounded by loved ones. I have spent the last four days taking my place beside her for many hours, whispering prayers, singing hymns and even reminding her of funny moments we have shared over the last 14 years. She has been a constant presence in my life almost every day for those 14 years, and I have not even begun to grieve her loss.

Yet I know that our goodbye is only temporary, and that she is with One who loves her even more than I do. Please remember all those who are feeling the sting of her loss - her husband Richard and her children Isabella, Micah and Juliana, her mother Zoe and step-father Don, and her brother Ken, as well as many other friends and family.

Thank you for your prayers for me. My body is beyond exhaustion, yet there is still much to be done to help support her family. I will rely heavily upon the strength of God to get me through the days and weeks ahead.

No comments: