February 11, 2008

TSA say "Lithium Batteries - Bad!"

So I'm sitting at home this evening and my wife is ranting about travel limitations. Her parents are traveling internationally, and they just discovered that the brand new luggage we bought for them is over the size limit. Great. We're returning that to the store. :-(

She also tells me they don't like lithium batteries now. ??? I quickly pull up tsa.gov and sure enough this is a change as of January 1, effective on checked baggage only. So make sure you put your "spare" lithium batteries in your carry-on. Gotta keep you on your toes right?

BTW, something I didn't know previously was TSA sets the rules for carry-on, and the airline sets the rules for checked luggage. Be sure you check the right place for the right restriction.

No comments: