August 24, 2005

Google AdWords experiment

Frank Johnson posts today about how Pathway Church is using Google AdWords. Chuck Russell and I are preparing an experiment with AdWords at Resurrection in which we are designing a way to measure the campaign's effectiveness -- not just the number of click-throughs, but the actual number of people who take the desired action (come to worship, subscribe to a podcast, etc.) after clicking. We'll post again in a couple of months when we have concrete results to report.

3 comments:

Clif Guy said...

Frank:

Thanks for your question. I started to give a reply here, but it got so long I decided to make it a separate post.

Blessings,
Clif

scott aughtmon said...

Hey guys,

This is Scott. Just to let you know the low tech thing I did on the website end...

I created a separate landing page that has no incoming links except from my Google ads.

That way I know if they went to that page I'm 99.9% sure it was from an ad. :)

Clif Guy said...

Thanks for the comment, Scott. Yes, as I mentioned, we're planning separate landing pages as well.

Clif