November 19, 2007

Why Church Tech Matters

Flash back to last Wednesday. I'm working on my workshop proposal for MinistryTECH and I think of a related blog conversation earlier this year. Jim Walton's blog, Church Tech Matters, was at the heart of that conversation (posts, comments, and links to other blogs). So I go to Church Tech Matters to refresh myself on the conversation and I find nothing but an error message where Jim's blog ought to be. No posts, no comments, no blog at all. Oh no! So I wait and keep hitting F5 on my browser hoping to see it all return so I can finish my little project. The error messages keep changing, which tells me that Jim must be aware of the issue and working to resolve it. Then I start seeing posts from Jim about what happened and what he and Mary are doing to restore everything. I feel bad for Jim, but mainly I just want the blog to be back! (How selfish is that?)

I couldn't finish my workshop proposal for Terrell because Jim's blog was down. Is this not a weird world in which we live? Thankfully, Jim and Mary have fully restored everything now so I can get back to my proposal and Terrell won't have to wait much longer. Thanks Jim for your tireless efforts to restore it because Church Tech Matters really does matter!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Clif,
I thought I was the only one sweating my blog being down, I had no idea!

I didn't realize the value of my posts, for me personally, until last week, when I faced the reality of possibly losing it all. On one hand, I tried to convince myself it wasn't a big deal, I'll just start over. But the reality was, that blog is a big part of me and who I am and how I have grown and changed over the last few years. There was a point last week where it freaked me out to think of losing it all.

It's very cool to hear that there is value there for you and others. I didn't start out doing it with that in mind but God has brought far more people than I ever imagined to read what I write and to start conversations that are apparently looked back on and used to help even more people in other ways.

Thank you for your encouragement.