December 04, 2005

Church Management System principles

Tony Dye of Perimeter Church just completed a great series of blog posts about what a good Church Management System (CMS) should do and how it should work. This is great reading for any of you who are considering installing a CMS or changing your existing CMS.

I wonder if any of the CMS companies out there are sophisticated enough to be paying attention to this discussion in the blog world. Some of Tony's comments seemed aimed directly at the vendors of popular systems. Are they listening?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm listening. You'd be surprised just how sophisticated we are at ACS :). Check us out. Don't discount us just because we have been around so long. Sometimes it easy to think the more established companies aren't keeping up. Not true. We're doing more on the web than any other company in the CMS market with more than 1,000 clients using our web based products. We haven't done much with blogging as a company but I've decided to jump in.

Hal Campbell said...

I didn't intend for that post to be anonymous. My name is Hal Campbell and you can see my blog at halcampbell.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Hi Clif,
I know some FellowshipOne people read my blog and they seem responsive to things like this. It seems like another one or two CMS's have been known to read and respond.

It's great that Hal has jumped in here!

I don't think all CMS companies are open to input from us bloggers, but there are some that seem to be and honestly, in my opinion, those are the ones to consider first.